Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to Oregon

Well, I have been trying to get in a few more miles than normal. I have been traveling enough that my riding went down, but the last week or so has been better. We have had some pretty nice weather over the last few days. Well, I guess nice for Jan - 55 and sunny a couple days ago. Anyway, today was nice...fairly sunny and about 49/50. I was pretty excited because I was going to do a group road ride tonight. They typically do about 25 miles and I had about 10 extra on the way there and back. As soon as I stepped outside to get on my bike at 5:30 it started to rain. It did not let up until I got back to my house at 7:30. I ended up doing about 24 miles and it was wet. The entire ride was very rainy, I was soaked in the first 5 minutes. But this is Oregon right...it rains. So, this was my welcome to Oregon ride - it was worth every minute. Here is a picture from when I got home. It doesn't really show, but I was dripping wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment