Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A little more Max

Ok, so it has been 5 days since Max was born...and they have flown by. We had a pediatrician appointment yesterday and he checked out pretty well. He was slightly jaundice, but what baby isn't right? Jackson however has strep throat and Margaret has an infection...both are doing much better today.

It is interesting how things are already pretty different with the addition of another child. It is going to take me a couple of weeks to decide what is actually different, so for now it is just a feeling. My mom has been out here as well to help out, so I'm sure it is going to feel even more different once she is gone. This saturday will be a true test.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the calls and emails that I've gotten. It is always nice to reconnect with folks. I have a few pictures that I wanted to share with you all. There were from the hospital, all taken off of my phone. I'll add some other photos from a real camera to a different post. Thanks for looking!

About an hour before Max arrived


Margaret laboring in the tub. She was a champ!



Max about 30 seconds old.


Jackson's first visit at the hospital.

Here is a quick little video I took from my phone at the hospital the day we left. Enjoy!

Margaret is going to write up a nice description of the birth of Max I'm sure. So, check out dtw2pdx.blogspot.com in the next few days. She is a much better writer than me.

1 comment:

  1. I really think life may change in a very different way for a DAD than a MOM with an addition of another child. So you are still sorting it out, that is OK.
    You are one of the most supportive husbands I have encountered in my many years of childbirth with families. You went the extra mile in embracing Margaret's pursuit of "Natural", and you let her know you had confidence in her choices. That's a rare guy!! It meant so much to Margaret..thanks for loving her in that way. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete